Wed, 19 May|
WEEK 3 Sex & Pleasure
Join us every Wednesday from 5th May to 2nd June @8pm. 1 hour of mindful writing and art. Event is open to anyone who has MRKH. Different theme each week.
Time & Location
19 May 2021, 20:00 – 21:00 BST
About the event
Welcome to the journal and art club which will be kicking off on May 5th and this month will take place every Wednesday from 5th May to June 2nd (for now!).
At each calm, mindful journaling/art session we will give writing or art prompts relevant to the theme of each event and you can pick and choose which prompts you do so the events are very free flowing but with a focus.
Your host (Ellamae) will welcome you to the event and talk you through the prompts, then we will have 45 mins of pure mindful writing/collaging/drawing or painting, surrounded by others doing it at exactly the same time! Each event will work slightly differently and there will sometimes be chances to share, but this is totally your choice and time dependant.
If you would like to read a pre-written poem/blog at any of the below events (related to the subjects below, and read whilst people are creating art) let us know by emailing email@example.com but otherwise come along, camera on or off, bring a pen/paper/paints/arty bits or collaging bits and enjoy delving into your creativity whilst being taken back to your feelings on living with MRKH.
You can decide how you interprit the prompts (of which you'll get more information when the event links are sent out) but at each event you might want to write, paint, collage or create any sort of art you want! You may just want to write and journal, it's totally up to you. There are no rules (apart from to be kind).
5th - Mental health & lockdown
12th - Infertility and partenthood
19th - Sex and pleasure - includes making vulva art!
26th - Body positive (mindful body scan)
2nd June - Disclosure (telling others)
Each event will be different so you can come to as many as you want with something new to think about! You can use our prompts or just use the time to sit and write/create with your MRKH sisters.
People who join the journal club may decide to hang on after writing to catch up with those who joined but there's no pressure at all to hang around!
The event is totally free but if you'd like to support Mind Over MRKH and the work Ellamae and the team does head to our shop where you'll find lots of MRKH merchendise which helps keep our website going.
- You do not have to have your camera on
-You will not be asked or pressured to speak
- You can speak at any time you want and we will encourage introductions in there too!
- You can use the chat to connect with other journal club go-ers
- You are not obliged to follow the journal prompts, you can use this just as time for you and your journaling thoughts! We are only there to give food for thought.
- If you want to read something out we will ask at the beginning and end of the event (but won't have time for everyone to do this)
- Each event will have 5 writing prompts, but you don't have to do them all or any of them.
- No hate speech tolerated.
-Respect and listen to everyone in attendance, be kind!
- No medical experts for mental health/gynaecology are leading the event so if you feel like you need support please let us know and we can sign post you.
Sex & pleasure
Week 3 we will be focusing on sex and pleasure through writing and art including vulva/clitoris art. More details will be posted when the event link gets sent out.£0.00